Monday, March 19, 2012

The Moment and Solitary Confinement

Writing Reflection #4

So over the last week and a bit we have been working on Smith Mag's idea of a story called "The Moment". We have all been writing our own "moments" and mine is currently in rough draft form.

I wrote about my first memory, Halloween when I was four years old. I think that that memory stuck with me because it was really terrifying (for a four year old at least). My "Moment" story certainly needs more work still, because there are parts where the writing doesn't make a lick of sense, and parts that just simply need to be taken out or placed into the story.

My English teacher made us spilt up and go into "solitary confinement" AKA going off and working by yourself without any distractions. I just stayed in the class room and sat on the couch. The classroom was only slightly filled, but the "solitary confinement" sort of failed. We kept chatting... not about the "Moment" but about other random stuff. My English teacher was in the room and kept kindly (and while chuckling) reminding us to not talk. It took a while (about 10 minutes) for us all to stop talking. Now in my opinion, solitary confinement isn't the best thing... I like chatting when working, and the quiet is too much for me. I seem to lose my creative side when it is really quiet while I work. Anyone else feel the same?

One last thing, in case you didn't notice, my blog had a face lift. I changed most of the things that you see. The background, the colours, the fonts....

Do you have any other ideas of what you would like to see on my blog?

No comments: